Monday, March 25, 2013

Corn dog Muffins


In an effort to find more “fun” food that they boys will actually eat, I searched one of my favorite sites, Pinterest, and found this recipe for Corndog Muffins!

The steps to prepare are extremely easy:
1 pkg Corn Bread Mix (and its required ingredients)
2-3 hot dogs, chopped
1 handful Cheese




Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions, then add hot dogs and cheese.
Pour into greased muffin tins & bake according to package directions.
The mix that I use is for 6 muffins, and with the added ingredients it made 9.


(Please forgive the gunky-looking muffin pan - it's one of the most-used items in my kitchen. Thanks to my sister for gifting it to me many Christmases ago!)

Success! Both boys loved this variation of their beloved corn dog. Reece mostly enjoyed picking the hot dogs out of the muffin, but Garrett gobbled his right up!



YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Glad I was able to gift something useful. :) I made something similar with a mini muffin tin at Halloween. The 1/2 inch slices of hot dog floated to the top and made them look like eyeballs. They were good! Look at you posting cooking adventures!

    ReplyDelete